The location of the federal ministry in the Winterpalais of Prince Eugen in Himmelpfortgasse is one with a long tradition. Built in 1697 based on plans by well-known baroque architect Fischer von Erlach, the Palais was acquired in 1752 by Maria Theresia, together with the Belvedere. After various changes, it first served as the residence for the coin and mining authority, and is, since 1848, the place of business for the k. & k. federal ministry for finances. As the last refurbishment took place between 1967 and 1973, a general renovation of the building was necessary. Since Juni 2013, the ministry’s management is back in the historic building in Vienna’s first district between Johannesgasse and Himmelpfortgasse. Finance minister Dr. Hans Jörg Schellin is the 67th host since Karl Friedrich Kübeck, baron of Kübau, who was the first finance minister in the Winterpalais of Prince Eugen.