In the 1950s and 1960s, Neudörfler was on a successful path, after putting the new Factory into operation. In order to correspond to the continuously increasing need of qualified workers, the first carpenter apprentices were educated in the year 1957. Subsequently, since 1967, office administration personnel was also schooled.
In 1956, Karl Markon was awarded the title “Kommerzialrat”. In 1957, Neudörfler Möbelfabrik was honoured with a quality award, the “3. Staatspreis”, from the ministry of commerce and rebuilding. An original deal has to be mentioned at this point: In August 1959, a world championship in typing took place in the Viennese town hall, for which Neudörfler supplied 350 (!) typewriter tables “Type Nr. 90”.
In the presence of state governor Josef Lentsch, the 15th anniversary was celebrated in 1962 with a big festivity. In 1964, the loan could be fully repaid, which also called for a celebration, this time with state governor Hans Bögl in attendance.
In these years, Neudörfler Büromöbel presented its programs at numerous national and international trade fairs, such as the IFABO, Austria’s international trade fare for office organisation. In Germany, the programme was presented at the Hannover-Messe for many years, which used to be the biggest European trade fair in the wood industry, and later at the Orgatec in Cologne. On September 1st 1968, a new center for office furniture was built in Museumsstraße 5 (7th district) in Vienna, which subsequently became a flagship of the display rooms, a delivery warehouse and the Viennese headquarter.
In the 1960s, success in the European markets slowly began. Regular deliveries to Germany at the beginning of the century were followed by the furnishing of OECD’s Paris offices in 1963/64.
By and by, the product range was likewise enlarged. In the catalogue of 1956, the first modern piece of furniture, table “Type Nr. 140”, can be found, which, with its curved legs, took up the design of the “kidney-shaped table” of the 1950s. For the segment of exclusive customers, the “study”-programme existed, and in the mid-1960s, Neudörfler finally arrived in the modern age. A new and straightforward logo writing “Neudörfler Büromöbel” replaced the old one.
In 1965, all pieces of furniture were presented in a completely new, uniform look, with many also available in a high-quality teakwood variant. In the second half of the 1960s, a next wave of modernisation followed, with the “melamine organisation programme” and the “Neudörfler Bossewand”, which could be used as either a cabinet or partition wall.